Creating an account and adding your information
- First, sign in or make an account on hobbyDB.
- Once you’ve made your account, head to your Showcase.
- Click on your Username on the top right of the home page.
- Now click the edit button at the top of your info section on the left of your Showcase.
- You will now be taken to the “Edit Account” section. For your Showcase, you can upload your main image, write a short ‘about you’ message, then at the bottom of the page select whether you’d like visitors to your Showcase to see the estimated value of your collection.
- Hit “Save” at the bottom of the page to save any changes made.
- After saving you’ll be taken back out to your Showcase page. Now hit the refresh button in your browser to view your changes live.
- Second, let’s upload a banner image by clicking the “Add a Banner Image” button on your Showcase.
- You’ll be taken to an “Edit Banner” page where you can upload whatever image you’d like. Ideal dimensions are 1200×250 pixels.
- Hit “Save”, then refresh your Showcase page to see the image.
Here’s a video on getting started!
Adding your diecast collection to your showcase
- First, find your item in the vast hobbyDB database.
- use the search bar to find your cars by typing in keywords like “Hot Wheels Dairy Delivery”
- Next to the item you’ll see a button that says “+ Collection”. Click the button.
- Fill out the condition of the item, the packaging, and a few other details that you can reference later on.
- Done! Now when you navigate to your collection, your item will show up there.
Here’s the video for that!
- Lastly, copy your Showcase link (it should look like this: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/hobbydb/users/jjoneil33?show=collection) and paste it in our Facebook event’s comment section.
- You can also share on Facebook by clicking the Facebook share button on your Showcase page.