We’re excited to announce that the Diecast Hall of Fame celebration will take place during SEMA on November 2nd in Las Vegas at the House of Blues inside the Mandalay Bay Hotel. Join us for a nightcap at 9:00pm to toast the new inductees. You can buy your tickets here.
Of course that means that nomination season is starting NOW!
We’re switching things up a bit at the Diecast Hall of Fame! To begin the selection process, we’re asking you to nominate your favorite diecast legends. Anyone who you think should be recognized for their outstanding contributions to our community. We’re looking for nominations for the following categories –
- Automotive Legend – Those within the industry who have set the bar so high and achieved such success and accolades as to be considered premier automotive legends through design or deed
- Customizer or Designer – Those who have taken the art of diecast collecting to a new level in their design efforts
- Diecast Historian – Those who have continued to share their knowledge of the hobby and industry whether in print or on the web digitally with audio, video or static representation
- Diecast Entrepreneur – Those who have made a successful living while improving the Industry for the collector
Models issued in the last 12 months –
- Small Scale (up to 1/64 Scale)
- 1/43 Scale
- 1/24th Scale
- Large Scale (1/18th Scale and Larger)
- Novice Model Brand of the Year
- Automotive Brand of the Year
- Diecast Dealer of the Year
Feel free to make multiple nominations, but please only submit one vote per person, model, or brand.
Once May rolls around, we’ll close the nomination process, so our newly appointed Selection Committee can review all submissions. The selection committee consists of some of the most experienced automotive minds in the industry. Andreas Berse has been the Chief Editor for Modellfahrzeug, the largest German publication on model cars of all scales for the last 22 years. Matt Boyd is the Co-Founder and Editor of DieCast X Magazine. Matthias Braun is the General Secretary of the AvD, most traditional automobile club in Germany. Carson Lev was a designer for Mattel and past Director of Hot Wheels Licensing. Chis Walker is a high-end customizer and was inducted into the Diecast Hall of Fame in 2009. And Mike Zarnock has written a number of books on Hot Wheels.
The Committee will select the top five nominations per category, and then, the voting will begin! You’ll be able to vote on your favorite people, brands and models later on this Spring!
To read more about the Selection Committee, click here.
You’ll have until the end of May to vote for your favorites in the 2017 class of Diecast Hall of Fame Inductees. The winners will not be revealed until the night of the event, so be sure to get your tickets here!
Don’t forget that you can check out all the past inductees detailed profiles in the Diecast Hall of Fame Official Archive.