Yes, it’s time! Nominations have begun and we have a ton of exciting news to share about this year’s Model Car Hall of Fame awards. As in the 1:1 car world, this year’s edition has grown quite a bit, which means there’s even more to celebrate. If you’ve followed along so far, you know we’ve added a lot more categories this year, but that’s not all that’s new. We’ve also got a new format, a new schedule and a community now numbering more than 4.3 million to share it with, so read on and check out all the awesome additions we’ve made this year!
New and updated categories to celebrate:
- More model car scales, including: 1/8th – 1/12 scale, 1/18, 1/24 – 1/25, 1/43 – 1/55, 1/64 and 1/87 and Smaller
- Slot cars with four scales: 1/24, 1/32, 1/43 and HO scale
- Slot Car Racer of the Year
- Model Trucks
- Model Kits
- Model Farm Equipment
- Model Builder of the Year
- Novice Model Brand of the Year
And our continuing categories:
- Automotive Brand of the Year
- Model Car Dealer of the Year
- Model Brand of the Year
- Supplier Brand of the Year
- Automotive Legend
- Automotive Artist
- Model Car Historian
- Model Car Entrepreneur
- Model Car Designer
- Model Car Customizer
- Collector of the Year
Nominate in 4 simple steps
Our nomination form has been simplified to one page, simply select the categories of your nominee and the correct form will load, then enter the information and submit!
Here are the steps:
- Go to the Nominations page: https://www.modelcarhall.com/nominate/
- Click the drop-down menu under “Submit a Nomination”
- Choose the category you’re nominating for
- Fill out the information after the form loads, and submit!
If you have any trouble submitting a nomination, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Also, feel free to share the link with anyone you know!
Our Selection Committee is more robust than ever before
Why so many? With such a diverse set of categories, we want a Selection Committee comprised of folks from across all the different niches that model cars have to offer. We’re working to bring onboard at least 3 selection committee members with particular expertise in every area of the hobby. With our current Selection Committee, we’re well on our way.
Our newest members
- Scott Bader, runs Electric Dreams, founder of Los Angeles Slot Car Museum
- Dean Milano, 12 years at Revell, avid model kit builder and collector, runs toys-n-cars.com
- Philippe de Lespinay, slot car builder, designer and racer, also races 1:1 cars and motorcycles
- Fireball Tim Lawrence, runs Fireball Malibu Vlog, prolific automotive designer for film and TV
- Nigel Matthews, classic car technician, concours judge, automotive writer, Global director of Client Services with Hagerty
- Alan Smith, runs Slot Car Illustrated, scaleracing.com and 132Slotcar.us
- Bruno Boracco, collaborates with of Passion43, Modelcollector, Modelliauto, La Manovella and editor-in-chief of the magazine piccolegrandiruote.com
Exciting changes to our format:
This year, rather than a single, one evening event, which many for various reasons could not come to, we’re devoting an entire week to awards with virtual ceremonies. We want to bring even more attention to our categories to better highlight each award, plus allow a much wider audience to participate. From November 6th to the 9th, we’ll be using each day to celebrate winners and inductees from each of our major categories, holding the ceremonies online. We’ll be using Facebook live, our new Youtube channel and social media to showcase our inductees online, both live and with a recorded segment for each. This way, you’ll get a more in depth look at each winner than ever before.
Here’s our 4 days of awards ceremonies:
- Day 1, Nov 6th: Brand of the Year, including Automotive Brand, Model Brand, Novice Model Brand, Model Car Dealer and Supplier Brand of the year
- Day 2, Nov 7th: Model of the Year, including all scales, Trucks, Farm Equipment and Slot Cars
- Day 3, Nov 8th: Annual Awards, including Collector of the Year, Racer of the Year, Model Builder of the Year and Model Car Customizer
- Day 4, Nov 9th: Lifetime Awards, including Automotive Legends, Model Car Historian, Model Car Designer and Model Car Entrepreneur
Roomier than ever before
Of course, we owe all of this to our community. I want to thank our newest Supporters and Affiliates who spread the word and directly support the Hall, and of course thank you all for being involved! If you want to be an even bigger part of the biggest community in model cars, reach out to us here. We’re super excited to see all the amazing models, people and brands that you all have to show us. This promises to be the biggest year for the hall yet. Enjoy the ride!